Saturday, December 3, 2016

Estate Sale - Greensboro GA

Mom called me on Wednesday night and asked if I wanted to take a trip over to Greensboro GA for an estate sale on Friday. Of course I did so I requested to take the day off so I could join Mom for a junking adventure.

My brother joined us for the trip and we had a wonderful time on the ride up, I love our crazy conversations. It took us a little over an hour to arrive at our destination. The house was really old, according to the people running the sale it was built in the late 1800's. The house was totally overflowing with junk (most of it was just that - junk). I did my best to look in every nook and cranny and root out the truly old stuff.

I didn't find as much as I would have liked but I did find a couple a really special things that I am pretty excited about.

I have been looking for a vintage seltzer bottle for years, well I finally found one and for a really good price. Ain't she a beaut!!


I also found this really special box, I picked it up because I loved the box and intended to add it to my Christmas collection. Thinking there were cards in the box, I was overjoyed when I opened it up to find all of these vintage tags and gummed seals. I think this was my "most happiest" find.


















I also picked up a little vintage book (from the late 1800's) called the Birthday Bible Book. After picking it up I noticed that it had some charming surprises hidden among the pages. The letter is just adorable.








AND I couldn't believe it but I found a piece of Augusta History in this little book


And a few other goodies, a 1930's Bulova watch box, a pair of cute Nuns, and a beautiful old heart shaped bottle.






I guess this trip wasn't so good for my Etsy shop, I only picked up one thing for resale. It appears to be a Bimini Cocktail Pick set.


We decided to hit another sale in Aiken SC, so we were all over the place yesterday. I didn't find much at this sale but did come away with a few things. I think my favorite thing from this sale is the 1930's Birthday Party photo. I also found the poison glass, the little angel, and vintage bottle brush tree.


 It was a fun day spent doing my favorite thing with my favorite people.

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Are you familiar with Distressed Donna Down Home (http://distresseddonnadownhome.blogspot.com)? She lives in Aiken and has a booth in an antique mall in North Augusta (Riverfront Antique Mall). We were lucky enough to spend some time with her this past summer. She took us thrifting, and we had a glorious time.

    You found some great stuff! I especially am drawn to paper ephemera, and you found quite a collection of goodies. I always enjoy seeing what you've found. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete