Sunday, October 12, 2014

Merry Times Estate Sale

I took a long lunch break on Friday and ran over to an estate sale on the Hill. The home where sale was held belonged to the owner of a one time shop here in Augusta called Merry Times. Merry Times went out of business a while back but was a gift and novelty store that was very popular. The homeowners evidently moved to the beach and decided to sell everything in there home here in Augusta. There was an eclectic mix of stuff (antiques and stuff from the shop) and a good bit of it was pricey. I concentrated on the small things as I usually do and was quite happy with my haul.

 I was so so so excited to find another little Chenille family to add to my collection.










I also found some more vintage Christmas including some Wendt and Kuhn Nativity pieces. 









Some Cook Books (I have always wanted a copy of the Julia Child's "Mastering the Art of French Cooking"). The Clementine one has some wonderful illustrations.









And a few other odds and ends.



Hope I can get these clean, they are adorable!






I love this little guy, he was in the bag with the Wooden Nativity. I have to find him a head!






I went to a couple of sales on Saturday but it was pretty much a bust. I did find these cute banks though.



Hope you found great things this weekend!

Sharing at:
Make it Monday
Sir Thrift A Lot

3 comments:

  1. Really fun finds and some sweet chenille characters also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they are so bloody cute............really great finds

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those little chenille characters! They really have personality. Thanks for sharing your finds with us at our Make It Monday link party!

    ReplyDelete