Saturday, May 24, 2014

Vintage Party Supplies

I guess my junking day yesterday was both good and bad. I will start with the bad:
  1. Mom had some stuff to do and couldn't go out junking with me
  2. It was HOT outside
  3. No good Junky Estate Sales going on (at least not the kind I like to go to)
  4. Catholic Social Services was closed due to Memorial Day Weekend (and I usually find great stuff there)
  5. I found a bag of about 10 vintage patterns (the really old ones) for $10 and immediately snatched them up and took them up to the checkout at a local antique store and told the lady to hold them while I shopped some more. When I had finished shopping and went to check out, she had sold them to someone else!!!! I was not happy! She let me dig through a big bin of patterns she had in the back but they were all damaged and newer than the ones I like to buy. So that put a big damper on the rest of my day. I'm still mad about it.
Now for the good:
  1. I found 3 antique collecting books and 1 old book with great graphics in the FREE bin at 2nd and Charles
  2. I got to visit with some junker friends while shopping in the Antique Stores
  3. I went to the library and checked out some books and got to visit with my brother
  4. I found a ton of vintage party supplies 
  5. I got some new vintage cocktail napkins for my collection
  6. I found something really cool that I will share later (I am still in the process of cleaning it)
So here are the party supplies I picked up:

























Here are the cocktail napkins, bonus they are Vera


I stayed in today, I had a lot of packages to get ready to mail. My Esty shop has been busy lately. I did actually list my first item ever on Ebay this week. I am anxious to see how it does. I really think I prefer Etsy over Ebay but sometimes if you really don't know the value of something and there is nothing else out there to compare it to Ebay may be the better choice. Do any of you do Ebay? I could use some pointers as I am planning on listing a couple of more things.

Hope you are having a great Memorial Day Weekend!

Sharing with:

Sir Thrift A Lot

4 comments:

  1. You find the best things! I don't know if I would have seen the potential of the vintage picks and figures, you have a wonderful eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Vera napkins, that's a sweet print

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your vintage party supplies find - but especially the little pink bunny topper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you hit quite the jackpot! I love those picks! Especially the cute storks and those pink ducks (birds?) I started my selling career on Etsy about 4 years ago. After about 6 months I started selling on ebay. I did both for a while but I gotta tell ya, I almost exclusively do ebay now. My first love is vintage, but for quicker turn a rounds and much better money ebay just won out. So now I just sell on ebay to make money and then spend the money I make on vintage items for me! Win, win! Ha!

    ReplyDelete