Sunday, March 16, 2014

1950's Child's Red Cross Nurse Costume

I found this vintage costume at the same Estate Sale where we bought all the doll clothes and accessories. It is just so stinking cute that I had to share. Isn't it sweet that someone held on to it for all these years. I am going to see if either of the Red Headed Girls have an interest in it for Halloween this year, if not it's going to Etsy.

After a little research, I am dating this to the 1950's. It is so detailed, I just love it! 














I found this ad in a 1958 Sears Christmas Catalog, almost an exact match!


What little girl would not look precious in this!

Sharing at:
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Knick of Time
We Call it Junkin

4 comments:

  1. This is so darn cute! I love it. I would probably have a hard time selling it. What a great find. Have a great week. xxoo Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This nurse outfit is absolutely gorgeous! So beautiful! I'd love it just hanging in a room, amazing piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the nurses outfit they don't make thing like they use to

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fabulous! Wonderful that someone saved it all this time, and you're passing it on, too. Love the old ad. Thanks for sharing this at my History & Home link party, hope you'll join again next Tuesday. -Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete