Saturday, February 1, 2014

Vintage Drawings

I didn't go out this weekend, no sales going on - boo hiss! I sure hope things pick up soon. The Junior League Attic Sale is at the end of the month so at least I have that to look forward to! I have just been piddling around up in my office trying to get some items listed on Etsy. As I was going through my inventory I came across an old sketchbook that my mother in law gave me back in the 1980's. She was a junker too and we had a lot of fun junking together. She is gone now and I miss her but I have many reminders of her in my home and she will always be in my heart. Sometime before I met her she had the opportunity to pick a large old southern home in Burke County and brought some wonderful stuff home with her including an old sketchbook and some very beautiful watercolor paintings. At some point in time she gave the sketchbook and paintings to me so I thought I would share a few of the drawings that were in the sketchbook.

















Most of these drawings are dated 1886. I was going to try to keep this together as a sketchbook but it is pretty much coming apart so I may end up getting some of these framed for my office. I have been unable to find out any information on the artist. I will share the watercolors soon, they are absolutely stunning, I cannot tell you how gorgeous they are. Of course I could never part with these, they are one of my reminders of my precious mother in law.

Hope you are all having a fantastic weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Those sketches are indeed treasures! They are gorgeous, lucky you. I am looking forward to seeing the watercolors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What beautiful drawings. Kind of looks like someone was in art class. Art there any listings of students attending art schools in that time period, I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes beautiful drawings I really liked the owl

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh darn; I was going to ask if that red flower was for sale. Or the sheep's hind legs. Precious drawings to be sure.

    ReplyDelete