Sunday, December 4, 2011

Color My World

Mom and I had a fun filled day yesterday, we really packed in a lot in spite of getting a late start. Mom had to go to a funeral yesterday morning so we did not get out and about until around noon. My cousin Peg was in town for the weekend to participate in a craft show in Thomson GA, so mom and I had plans to go out and see her and check out the craft show. But first we were going to stop at an estate sale that just happened to be in Thomson (how convenient). It was the last day of the sale and we got there about 3 hours before the sale was ending. Everything was half price (and that's the beauty of going on the last day). I picked up some great things and so did mom. Here are a few of my goodies.

Two old hat/coat racks

Isn't the base beautiful

I love the rustiness of it!

I kept this one and gave the other one to my brother

Our view on the way home (we were in mom's car)

Stunning glass compote (marked as Fostoria - but I'm not sure)

Really can't capture the beauty in a photo

Lovely old books

Vintage tablecloth

Small Reed and Barton Mirror

I dug this little guy out of the trash (he was free)


Before mom and I left yesterday my brother called me to tell me that he had picked up some stuff for me at the Flea Market that morning. Vintage Christmas in original boxes! I couldn't wait to get to his house to check it out. I was not disappointed. With that in mind while I was at the estate sale I wanted to return the favor. I knew he had been looking for an old hat/coat rack. So lucky for me I found the two. One for me and one to give to him. Here are the vintage Christmas goodies he picked up for me.

A Color Wheel - For my Vintage Tree

My heart skipped a beat when he pulled these out!


I love these bells

I had never seen one of these before

It's gorgeous and the tone of the bell ringing is beautiful.


Relco candle holder

Aren't they sweet.

Jolly old Saint Nick

My brother was equally as happy with his new hat/coat rack. What a great day!

If you want to see more photo's you can go here.

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend and found lots of vintage goodness.

linking to:
Her Library Adventures - Flea Market Finds
Coastal Charm - Nifty Thrifty Tuesday 
Very Merry Vintage Style - Share the Love Wednesday 
Apron Thrift Girl - Thrift Share Monday

9 comments:

  1. You had me with the coat racks, but the items just kept getting better and better. I want to go shopping with you and your mother! Wonderful thrifty finds. I have thrift envy.❤
    Cheerfully,
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sweet little Santa and the reindeer are the cutest! I'm loving all your finds - the mirror, the compote, the old books, oh, my! Treasures indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so need to find a color wheel! Mine is simply falling apart. This year I'm only doing a small aluminum tree with silver beads for garland since we will be away for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT finds! My heart skipped a beat when I saw all of your awesome vintage Christmas stuff! I just got an aluminum tree, so my goal is to find a color wheel by next Christmas. How cool that you and your brother both enjoy vintage things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great day you had-Love those blue bells and that coat rack!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a haul! The coat racks are wonderful and the vintage Christmas is amazing! Sounds like your brother knows you well, and you took care of hime too! Thanks for stopping by for a visit!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a brother! He found some great stuff. It's nice you guys know what each other likes. The coat racks are fabulous, he's a lucky brother too!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE that it's a family thing. what a brother indeed. That is super. and you scored all that stuff in the last 3 HOURS of the estate sale??!! WOWza. awesome. and free frogs? lurve!

    ReplyDelete