Thursday, September 15, 2011

Time after Time

A while back my boss (knowing I love estate sales & yard sales) told me her cousin was going to be moving and had a sale planned for the upcoming weekend. She asked me if I wanted to go over the night before the sale to see if there was anything I might be interested in (well yeah, did you really have to ask). I asked her if it would be okay if I brought Mom with me and she said that would be fine. The cousin had some really great stuff and some really great prices. I bought quite a few items (so did mom) and I got one very special item at that sale for $25. I haven't photographed that item yet so I will share it at a later time. One of the items I picked up for $1 was a watch. You know I have a thing for clocks. Anyway the face on this watch was really lovely so I picked it up and asked Mom if she could make me something pretty out of it. I have to say she comes through time after time. This is what she did with the watch.





I am blessed to have such a lovely and talented mother.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, that's just what I love to do. Find something and give it a second life. The necklace is lovely. I remember when wearing a watch necklace was a rage in the 70s cuz my dad gave my mom one and she didn't like it but she wore it because it had been so thoughtful of him.

    ReplyDelete